Marco Equinox Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) is indicated for the application of localized heat when the current medical community recommends the application of periorbital heat to the eyelids.
Equinox Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)
Marco Equinox Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) is indicated for the application of localized heat when the current medical community recommends the application of periorbital heat to the eyelids. Such applications would include Meibomian Gland Disfunction (MGD), Dry Eye or Blepharitis, Chalazion, and Stye.
The LLLT mask utilizes medical grade LEDs for light modulation, a photobiomodulation technology that stimulates the production of ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate) by emitting a specific wavelength of light. It also significantly warms the eyelids to temperatures recommended for periorbital heat treatment. The increase in cellular action that triggers endogenous heat combined with the external thermal heating helps stimulate the normalization of the glands.
This technology has been used in medicine for over 10 years but only until recently did doctors discover its benefit for periocular inflammatory conditions.
Benefits of Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT)
- User-friendly, technician-driven software automatically calculates the energy and duration of the process.
- The painless, non-contact, 15-minute application provides a comfortable patient experience with no gel required.
- A unique, patented LED mask covers the periocular area efficiently.
- LLLT is capable of producing results for the patient from the first session. In many cases, 1-2 sessions may be enough.
- Always have the latest technology with instrument and software upgrades.
- Minimal economic commitment and low per patient costs make LLLT a great option.
Stimulates production of collagen and elastin — Red light is absorbed by mitochondria and stimulates ATP increasing cellular action, enhancing its activity1.
Specific action on the lymphatic system — Yellow light stimulates cells’ metabolism promoting a detoxifying action to relieve swelling conditions2.
Purification action — Blue light is recognized to be the ideal wavelength to solicit porphyrins to obtain a bacteriostatic effect with a consequent elimination of bacteria3.
1. Hamblin MR. Mechanisms and applications of the anti-inflammatory effects of photobiomodulation. AIMS Biophys. 2017;4(3):337-362. doi: 10.3934/biophy.2017.3.337. Epub 2017 May 19. PMID:28748217; PMCID; PMC5523874
2. Menezes PFC, Urbaczek AC, Matta RFD, Bagnato VS (2020) Photobiomodulation Using Amber Led and Infrared Laser to Controlling the Pigmentation and Flaccidity from Skin. Journal of Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgery. Volume 6 No.2:8 DOI: 10.36648/2472-1095.6.2.57
3.Sulek A, Pucelik B, Kobielusz M, Barzowska A, Dabrowski JM. Photodynamic Inactivation of Bacteria with Porphyrin Derivatives: Effect of Charge, Lipophilicity, ROS Generation, and Cellular Uptake on Their Biological Activity in Vitro. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2020; 21(22):8716. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms21228716
Equinox Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) Specs
|Main Control Unit:|
|Dimensions||16” x11” x17”|
|Dimensions||23” X 22” X 27”|
|Periocular & Face Mask LED LLLT Wavelengths:|
Marco Equinox Low Level Light Therapy is non-invasive, pain and stress-free for patients.