Slit lamp imaging is redefined with our Ion℠ anterior segment imaging system by combining a new intra-optics beam splitter/camera adapter with the tremendous computing and imaging power of Apple technology. Intuitive operation, optimized imaging, and immediate networked integration are product hallmarks. ‘ion’: intuitive, optimized, and networked - an anterior segment imaging system for every exam room, to rapidly capture, integrate, and educate every diagnosis. Slit lamp and iPhone not included.
Ion Slit Lamps Compatibility:
- Marco: Ultra G2, G4, G5, G5-Zoom, M2, M4, M5
- Topcon: SL-D2, SL-D301, SL-D4, SL-D7, SL-2ED, SL-7E, SL-2G, SL-8Z
- Zeiss: 100/16, 20SL & 30SL
- Woodlyn: HR3; HR5 or SL9803x,
- Elan 3 & Elan 5 Slit Lamps
- CSO: SL990 & 9900(LED); SL980 & 9800
- Haag Streit: BQ 900
- Burton: 2000
- Keeler: KSL-H & KSL-Z
- Ibex: 5-Step
- Type Intra-Optics Beam-Splitter/Adapter
- Beam-Splitter 2-Position Lever; Down=100% to oculars; Up=70% to Camera/30% to oculars
- Dimensions 7" x 2.5" x 6.5"
- Weight 4 lbs
- Image Capture via Bluetooth activated Foot-Switch or Joystick Button (Marco Slit Lamps only)
- Camera* Apple® iSight 8MP/1.5µ pixels (iPhone 6 Plus) or 12MP/1.22µ pixels (iPhone 6S Plus)
- Display Apple® Retina HD Display; 5.5-Inch Diagonal LED Backlit
- Camera Resolution 1920 x 1080 Pixels at 401ppi
- Video Resolution/FPS 1080p HD video recording (30 fps or 60 fps)
- Contrast Ratio 1300/1
- Processor A8 (6 Plus) & A9 (6S Plus) chip with 64-bit architecture
- Operating System* Apple® iOS 9 & iOS 10
- Export To Local Network; Cloud Storage & iOS/Photos
- Capture Modes Still image or HD Video
- Security HIPAA Compliant; Password Protected; AES Encryption
- Imaging Technology* Apple®’s HDR, Focus Pixel, Optical Image Stabilization technology
- Networking* Via Wi-Fi Connection
- Included in the Box ion Beam Splitter/Adapter, ion Imaging App, Bluetooth Control Unit, Power Adapter with 2-USB ports, 6' USB Cable, Footswitch with 10' Cable, 10' Lightning iPhone Charging Cable, 10 Adhesive Cable Tie Mounts, 14 4" Cable Ties, 2 1" x 1" Adhesive Velcro and 2 Vinyl Lens Covers
- *The Apple® iPhone is neither supplied by Marco, nor included in the price of the ion imaging system
The ion is easy to use and images are crisp and clear. I can mirror an image onto my screen with Airplay to share a problem with a patient. Seeing a problem the way I see it is very helpful in getting the patient to comply with my treatment plan. Easily seeing improvement as the patient continues treatment gives the patient positive reinforcement. Thanks for inventing the ion for me.
Having the ability to show patient’s their cataracts, their ocular surface disease, corneal neovascularization, and all anterior segment disorders has been a fabulous tool to not only educate our patients but improve compliance with our recommended treatments.
We've been very happy with our Ion. We had heard doctors speak about taking slit lamp pictures with their smartphones, but we'd never been able to do it well. The ion made it so simple. I do use it for billable pathology. But we also use it for smooth transitions of care between doctors when we have to hand off a complicated contact lens fit or an eye infection because one of us will be out of the office. That picture attached to their visit in our EHR is so much more descriptive than any note I could write.
I really enjoy the simplicity of the Ion imaging system. Patients enjoy being able to see images of their own eyes, especially when its nothing too serious and I use the images for patient education as well as to document more severe conditions of the anterior segment. Once the images are automatically exported I can upload them into my EHR and I can easily share them with other doctors as needed.