Repair Service Policy
Repair Service Policy
Marco Ophthalmic provides service for our medical devices and advanced technology products. The following information provides details of warranty (original warranty) and non-warranty repair service.
Standard Product Warranty Repair Policy
All Marco products carry a standard one-year limited warranty (original warranty). During the warranty period, Marco will cover the parts and labor to repair the instrument. The limited warranty covers only issues encountered during normal use of the instrument. The warranty does not apply to damage from improper use, abuse, accidents unauthorized service or a move of the instrument or inappropriate packaging used when shipping the instrument to Marco.
Non-Warranty Repair Policy
Marco offers repair service for instrument issues that occur outside the limited warranty period or terms. The repair can be completed at standard billable rates for parts, labor, loaners, shipping and insurance. As well as travel time for on-site service.
Marco Vault and Extended Warranties
Contact our customer support team or ask your Marco sales representative about our Marco Vault Protection (MVP) Plan which is our highest level of service and available at the time of purchasing the instrument up to 30 days later.
Extended Warranties may be purchased at the end of the original warranty period up to and including year 8 of the instrument’s service life.
1) RMA Number
- Customer must obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number from a Customer Support representative before sending any instrument to Marco. Please contact Customer Support at 800-874-5274.
- The RMA is valid only for the instrument(s) issued for; therefore all peripherals that need to be sent in with the instrument must be listed in the original RMA.
- Instruments sent to Marco without an RMA number are subject to be denied and will be sent back at the customer’s expense.
- To insure the safety of your equipment during shipment to Marco and back to the customer we strongly encourage storing the original packaging (container and internal foam) to be used when shipping equipment to Marco. Utilize packaging instructions and/or contact Customer Support to inquire about purchasing packaging materials if you do not have the original packaging. NOTE: Packaging materials available for limited product.
- Do not use packing peanuts or newspaper to wrap up instruments within packaging containers.
- Marco is not liable for damages incurred during shipment. For this reason we recommend that you insure the instrument.
- The RMA number must be clearly indicated on the shipping label. If it is missing or not valid it may be returned to the customer.
- Customer is responsible for shipping the instrument to Marco, weather warranty or non-warranty. A call tag can be requested by contacting Customer Support. NOTE: Insurance charges will be added to cover the instrument against possible shipping damage.
- All shipping charges will be included in the repair estimate. For warranty repairs the customer will be invoiced for the shipping charges.
4) Repair Estimates
- Marco will provide an estimate of repair costs within five (5) business days after receiving an instrument with a valid RMA.
- The customer has ten (10) business days to approve or reject the provided repair estimate.
- All customers who decline a repair estimate or did not reply within ten (10) business days will be charged the minimum repair evaluation fee of one hour of labor and their instrument will be returned at their expense.
5) Repair Turnaround
- Marco will make its best effort to repair the instrument within a reasonable amount of time after receiving (on average less than five (5) business days after receiving customer approval). This will only vary if discrepancies are found upon receipt (i.e. incorrect RMA, incorrect items shipped, incorrect serial number, parts hold or need to be sent to the factory for service). A Technician will contact the customer if the repair extends beyond a reasonable turnaround time.
6) Repair Warranty
- All Marco repairs carry a ninety-day (90) limited warranty on workmanship and a one year (1) limited warranty against defects in materials. This warranty begins on the day of shipment from Marco to the customer. It pertains only to the specific repair and any new and different issues will be treated as a new incident. All defective materials that are replaced become property of Marco Ophthalmic, Inc.
7) Customer Loaner Guidelines
- Loaners used during the repair process will be charged a usage fee. For non-warranty repairs this fee will be included in the repair estimate. For original warranty repairs the customer will be invoiced for the fee.
- Please contact Customer Support upon receipt of the loaner if there is any visible damage or if the instrument is not operating properly.
- Upon return of the loaner, any damage incurred will be the customer’s responsibility. Therefore, please take care in packaging the instrument for return to Marco.
- Loaners must be returned to Marco within five (5) business days of receipt of the customer’s repaired instrument. Late fees will apply if not returned within five (5) business days. A $250.00 fee will be invoiced for every five (5) business days past due. If not returned to Marco within thirty (30) business days the customer will be invoiced for the current list price for the instrument.
- Please call Customer Support with any questions or concerns at 800-874-5274.